Monday, February 7, 2011

June 2010: Istanbul (Part 1)

Well I was in turkey in 3 Periods.

First from 4 June – 5 June 2010
This was the first time I entry Turkey. My blackberry was lost in Soekarno Hatta Airport and my laptop was broken in Dubai Airport. How bad luck am I on my first day of my trip. A man who sat in front of me borrowed me his mobile phone to contact denizhan. Denizhan was the person who will pick up me from Ataturk Airport to AIESEC office. So I called Denizhan, and he said “don’t worry Hani, I will be in Airport soon”. Thanks to the Man who borrowed me the phone. From Migration, I took my luggages. It’s so heavy. I brought 10 kgs backpack bag, 27 kgs huge suitcase, and 11 kgs suitcase. I met Denizhan in exit door. He paid for the train and the taxi (I didn’t have Turkish money at that time).
We arrived in AIESEC office. I told Denizhan that I want to keep 1 of my luggages here. So I left the small one in AIESEC office. Denizhan and other AIESECer help me to find my hostel. It’s not far from AIESEC office, still in beyoglu area. The name of the hostel was Liberta Hostel. The price was 10 euro including breakfast. İt was the first time; I slept in hostel where I can sleep in a same room with unknown traveler. Because my last name was Hamid, the receptionist thought that ı was a man and she gave me a room with a man. İt was good that on the room only 1 man and he was so polite and friendly. His name was toruz. Toruz borrowed me his laptop so I can contact my family and my boyfriend via Skype. Toruz took me to see taksim and he treated me a turkish coffee. The day after, he couldn’t accompany me to look around taksim, so I walked alone on that area. I was so excited. It was the first day I enjoy Turkey. And Istanbul gave me a good impression. When I ask a direction to the old man, he offered me to go with him to take lunch together. At that time I said yes because I want to eat. He treated me a nice Turkish food and Turkish tea. And he also treated portacal such a chocolate cake and Turkish ice cream. After that, I said good bye to him and went to AIESEC office. I bought a mobile phone, a regular nokia but u can take a photo and enjoy the music and full color). I spent 200 euro for mobile phone, card and credit. After that I back to hostel. The hostel allowed me to stay in hostel until 5 pm, so I can take shower before go to Airport. I will go to airport at 7 pm from taksim. Sunset come at 8 pm in Turkey on summer. It’s different from Indonesia, because sunset always around 6 pm. I took havas to sabiha gokcen airport and spent 13 lira. I didn’t go to Ataturk airport because I use Anadolu Jet airlines to Stockholm. Then, I arrived in airport waited until checked in counter open. My flight took off at 00.30 am. I was so tired, sleepy and nervous at that time. I would meet my boyfriend for the first time. When I checked in, there was a girl asked me to use my baggage because I didn’t use that much. And I allowed her without worry that I would get any problems. So she used my baggage. In the gate, we didn’t meet many people. Only 15 people I guess. The girl’s name was Astrid. She lived in Stockholm but she was finish. And then we talked.
Astrid: what will you do in Stockholm?
Me: I will meet my boyfriend
Astrid: Oh good, so your boyfriend will pick up you in Airport.
Me: We will meet in Stockholm station. He lives in Örebro not in Stockholm. We will meet in Stockholm airport so he doesn’t need to use the arlanda express.
Astrid: What time he will pick up you?
Me: We will meet at 11 am because he had game this night in other city, so it’s impossible to go to Stockholm this early morning. No train from örebro. He will go at 9 am from Orebro. So maybe I will wait until morning in arlanda airport then I will go to Stockholm station at 10 am. I don’t want to spend an expensive hotel in Stockholm just for couple hours.
Astrid: Oh my god, it will be hard I guess. Sleeping in the airport will be not good for you because it’s so cold. Hani, you are so friendly and very nice. I really trust you. If you trust me, I want to offer you something. You can sleep in my house. I parked the car near from the airport but should use Taxi first. I will pay for the taxi. Then u can contact your boyfriend to pick up you from my house. I will tell him the direction and it will be so easy to get there. You can take my offer or not. It is your choice.
Me: Oh Astrid, you are so nice. Yeah, I would love to stay in your house. I will ask my boyfriend first is it okay for him or not.
Then I called Leo, and he said okay so I accept Astrid offer. Then we went to our flight. It’s like private one because the passenger only 15 people. We got our food in that flight. It was so great. Then ı slept directly.

My second and third periode will explain on the next blog

No comments:

Post a Comment