Monday, February 7, 2011

June 201: Trip to SWEDEN

I visited Sweden to meet my boyfriend on 6 June – 12 June 2010. He just graduate from his degree on 4 June 2010, he had free time around those days. I got budget price ticket to Stockholm from Istanbul. The ticket was 743,86 Liras around 300 Euros. Leo booked the ticket with his card because I can’t use my credit card. I paid to Leo 2,500,000 rupiah around 230 Euros and Leo who paid 75-100 euro. I had multiple entry visas, I asked visa to Sweden embassy and Leo helped me to get it. My visa type was visiting friend, and I got Leo’s documents to be my guarantor.

6 June 2010
I arrived in Armanda Airport at 4.30 am on 6 June 2010. I stayed in Astrid’s house and would wait Leo to pick up me from her house. We arrived at Astrid’s house around 6 am. And we called Leo to tell the address. I had culture shock on my first day in Sweden. First, even I came on summer, it was fucking cold. Second, they said it was still night even there was a SUN outside. In Indonesia we called morning after the sunrise. At 7.00 am, Astrid slept in her room and I took a rest in her living room. I want to contact Leo but my Mobile phone did not work (no signal) and I didn’t want to wake up Astrid to borrow her phone. I didn’t know what to do at that time. I can’t sleep because it’s strange for me to sleep at 8 am, I felt jet lag. I was so worry that Leo couldnot find the address but I could’t contact him until Astrid woke up. So, I spent my time with browsing internet. Astrid borrowed me her laptop. Then, I cooked my breakfast. Well, I felt so stupid. I didn’t know how to cook with Swedish kitchen stuff Hahaha it was the first time I came to European country. But, I could handle it. I enjoyed my breakfast with complicated feeling, what would happen next. It’s difficult to contact people in Indonesia on that situation. I felt like somewhere beyond the sea. No one cold help me if my decision was wrong. I just trust with my feeling. My feeling told me that Astrid was a nice person, and it was right. I hope my boyfriend also was a nice person, so everything would be okay. He was the only person that I beg on and I trust. He was the only person that I knew on that country. Well, my senior was studying in Sweden but he was in another European country. If Leo would rape me or do something bad, I didnt know what I should do… hahahahha it’s a silly thought.
Then, at 12 pm, Astrid woke up and I said to her that I want to call Leo. And we called Leo and he was still in Stockholm Station. He waited me on the first our meeting point. He got my first call when he was sleeping so he didn’t listen carefully. Astrid gave him the direction from the Stockholm station to her apartment. It’s not that far. While I was waiting Leo, I helped Astrid to take her bags from the car to her room. They were huge bags. Then I saw Leo from the street and say hello to us and helped us. He was wearing his white shirt and brought his backpack. Astrid did not know that it was the first time I saw Leo. Well, we didn’t look such people who met in the first time. At least, I knew he was my boyfriend from far away. Then we said good bye to Astrid, I took a picture with her and Leo who helped us.
From Astrid’s apartment we went to Stockholm city centre. We used MRT there, I forget the name. We booked room for 1 night in Adlon Hotel Stockholm, he paid for that. We decided to spend 1 day in Stockholm because he want me to enjoy Stockholm first before coming to Örebro. 6 June was a national day in Sweden. It was the princess wedding, as I remember. So, I saw many photos of the kingdom family. Many attractions on that day, Leo said I was so lucky because coming on 6 June. I enjoyed many attractions. There were a lot of Swedish flag. Sweden was so blue at that time, not only the sky but because it was national day so everything become in blue color.
We saw many performances, many stages, and we tried Stockholm Arlanda Airport Official Love Airport. We went inside with the kids hehehe it was so funny. We flew to many countries, from romantic European places to romantic tropical places. Well I traveled around the world with my boyfriend even it was just a simulation. Then we walked around Stockholm and sat near from the sea. We started to analyze people which one was Swedish which one was a tourist. I knew which one was Swedish from their fashion and how they looked like. I could say Leo was not Swedish because he was not a typical Swedish compared others hehehe. I also saw Swedish culture. I forget the name of the culture, it’s a teenager culture who just graduate from high school. They danced on the truck with disco music and get drunk. The girls only wore underwear and the boys were topless. And Leo said I was lucky because can watch that culture. Woohoo, so I came on the right time .
After sightseeing, we had our lunch. I forget the name of the cafe but it was the popular one and a bit expensive. Then, we back to the hotel. The entire TV programs only show the national day situation and the kingdom family. I was so bored with that kingdom family because I saw their face everywhere. I remember the way how they were smiling lol. But seems, Leo enjoyed watching Rambo movie. Well Leo, I was so jet lag, so tired and haven’t slept yet. I was so sleepy and you watch a Rambo movie hahahah. Just bye bye the night hahahah tomorrow I would come to Leo’s house.

7 June 2010
We went to Örebro this day. We woke up at 10 am and lay on the bed then take a shower. After that, we checked out from the hotel but we still kept our stuff in the hotel. We went to the station to buy the ticket. We would go to Örebro at 3 pm, the price was 147 krona each ticket. We decided to look around the city before leaving Stockholm. We got our stuff in the hotel and went to station. Then at 3 pm we took our train. It was the modern one with 2 floors. We sit in the first floor. Leo slept in the train and I listened the songs from his ps. From Stockholm to Orebro around 1 hour I guess. Then, we walked to the parking area and he said “this is my bike. I would ride the bike and you walk” and I said “oh my god, are you serious?”. Well, I didn’t know that this country really eco friendly. I mean I thought European countries were so modern, I didn’t imagine that they would bike everywhere. But he didn’t ride the bike of course; we walked together with his bike. Well, it was a romantic moment for me if the weather was not fucking cold like that. It’s not only cold but also windy. We walked around 20 minutes. On the journey, he said this is our city centre, this is the hotel where I would get my internship, and this is my school. Well, you just walk to go to everyplace. I would spend 3 hours if I walk to my school in Indonesia hahahah. And the city centre was empty. This was so silly, the night would come on 11 pm in Sweden and on 6 pm all the shop already closed. Hello, it was strange for Asian people who have 24 hours shop in my country.
I didnt know where Leo would bring me. He should go to practice football at 6 pm and now 5 pm. he left the bike in somewhere, I didn’t know the place name then we took a bus. Well, we visited his university (Örebro University). He showed me his office in ESN örebro. He is the president on that organization. Then he said, “Hani I should go to practice, where do you want to wait me, in the computer room or in the library”. I thought he would practice in the university. Well, I could wait you everywhere; it’s up to you (typical Asian Girl always said up to you). Then I decided to stay in the computer room because no much people there. After that, Leo told me that he would not go to practice because it was already late and he would not practice in university but far away from here. SO WHY DO YOU TAKE ME TO THIS UNIVERSITY LEO?? And he said, “You told me you want to open facebook and contact your friend in Indonesia. So I didn’t want you to be boring while waiting me practices football so I take you to my university to get the internet”. And I just thought, “Oh my god, well I miss my friends and want to check my facebook but it doesn’t mean we have to go to your university”, “I can wait you at home, why u didn’t take me directly into your home and I can sleep there”, and he said “I didn’t want you to be boring at my house because nobody at home”. So we spent our time in Computer lab with his account then we came to his house.
From his university, we took but to his apartment in nygatan street. I was freezing at that time. I was so headache because of the weather. Leo gave me the Tibetan Tea; he said it would good for me. The taste was bad but it worked. I felt better. I stayed in Leo’s room, a cozy one. He never switches on the lamp and closes the window (maybe it called eco friendly hehehe)

8 June 2010

I woke up at 4 am. I couldn’t sleep well because of the sun from the window. The sunrise at 3 am in Sweden and it was suck. I asked Leo to go to toilet and he asked me “do not make some noise” (typical Swedish). Even I opened the door smoothly still Leo said “sssstttt, be careful”. Okay boss, at least I tried. I could sleep after back from toilet. I wait Leo until he get up and he get up at 10 am. Then, I cook fried noodle for me and Leo. I brought the noodle from Indonesia. Then Leo make up the bed and washed the glass and the plates. He washed with hot water; well we didn’t do it Indonesia. He said the bacteria would die fastly with hot water (okay nice information). Leo arranged my plan for today. We would walk around Örebro and meet my Indonesian friend in Wadköping. We walked the street and passed the church. It’s the main church, but Leo didn’t come there since young. We came inside but just look around. Then we wnt to Örebro castle, I forget the name. We couldnt entry the castle, it was closed. Then we went to Wadköping Park to meet Ka Juli. We saw some children play in the park. It was so cute. They were enjoying the summer with their friends. They were enjoying their ice cream.
Leo asked me which food that I want to eat for today. I said I want something spicy and hot. Then he took me to pizza shop. Oh my god, it was a single one but the portion was too much for Asian people. We could serve it for 3-4 people I guess in Indonesia. Leo, didn’t we just share and bought only 1 single pizza. It’s toooo much!! I wanted to eat all because it was too expensive. But my stomach was already full, so I just ate the half of the pizza. Then we went to city centre and entry on of the mall. We went to the bookstore and sit in the café near from the bookstore. Leo told me about the style was Sweden. There were color style and opposite style. Color style was the people who like wearing clothes or accessories colorfully and the opposite style was the people who like wearing clothes or accessories full of black. It’s interesting. Leo had 2 free cinema tickets and he used it with me. We watched prince and Persia. The film played on Swedish, so sometimes I miss the conversation. But still okay 

9 June 2010
After woke up, Leo asked me what do I want to do today. Well, I wanted to do picnic with Leo in the park. And Leo accepted my idea. We cooked the food from Leo’s refrigerator. I had meatball, salad and potatoes. Then we walked to Wadköping Park. We sat on my scarf and watching the children enjoying their summer. We ate our food and had conversation. Well, I love picnic. I love nature. I love not crowded place. I love a peaceful place. After that, Leo asked me what I want to do next. I said I want to play rollerblade while Leo ride the bike, and he said he had. Then we go to the next floor to find the rollerblade. But it was too difficult to find it and Leo didn’t know where his father put it. I saw Leo’s young photo for his school graduation (Swedish has culture to make a pamphlet board with their young photo inside for his high school graduation). It’s so cuuutteee Leo.
No rollerblade, I asked Leo to play ice skating. So we walked to ice skating arena but the place was closed on summer. I was not lucky. We decided to go to Willys to buy some candies, chocolates and chips. Leo love candy and chocolates so much. I also bought fanta and chips (I forget the name, but I watched the advertisement of those chips on TV). After that we go to cinema and Leo bought the ticket. But I watched alone because Leo practiced American football. I watched a team and no woman in the studio, only me. This movie was only for man hahaha. Well, maybe Swedish woman did not like a fighting movie. After the movie finished, Leo wait me in the entrance and we went to Max to have our dinner. Max was my favorite because they have my spicy menu hahahah. After that we went home and spent night in Leo’s house.

10 June 2011
We decided to go to IKEA in Örebro. Well, I was in Sweden so why didn’t see IKEA in Sweden because IKEA came from this country. We used bus to go to IKEA örebro. The place was not in city centre. It was the second time that I used bus in Örebro. Mostly I walked in Örebro.I bought many things in IKEA. It was disaster because I was afraid with my baggage. It was the first week of my trip and I bought many things such as bedcover, pillow, blankets, and frame hahahaha. I had my lunch in a mall near from IKEA. We came to alcohol store. Leo bought some beers for him and his friends. And we also bought a drink free alcohol because I didn’t drink alcohol. After that we back to Leo’s house to put our shopping bag and then we went to Willys to buy some chocolates and candies. I bought some for souvenirs because it was cheap compare with the price in Indonesia. Then we went to cinema to buy ticket Sex in the city. I would watch at 6 pm because Leo would have practice at that time as usual. After got the ticket, we back to Leo’s house to take Leo’s property for practice. Well, I did something wrong at that time. When we wanted to go home, Leo asked what time was it, and I said 5 pm. So we had to hurry because Leo would be late to go to practice. From Leo’s house, Leo ride the bike and I sat in the back (well, it’s too scare for me, both of us was not slim hahaha). Leo took me to the cinema first and said good bye. Then I watched the movie, and no man in the studio. No man for sex in the city lol. Yesterday, I watched with full of men in the studio and today I watched with full of women in the studio. Hehehe… As usual, Leo waited me in entrance of the cinema after the film was finished. And he laughed at me because I did something wrong. Actually, we didn’t late at the time. When Leo asked me what time was it and I said 5 pm, the truth, it was 4 pm because my watch used Turkish time (different 1 hour from Sweden) hehehe. Stupid me:p . After that we went home and spent our time with our free alcohol drink. I just drank one glass and Leo drank all the drink lol.

11 June 2010
On this day, we back again to Willys. I bought a box of candies hahahah. Then we visited Leo’s university. We went to the library and I used the computer there. I made presentation for my MMW project in turkey and Leo watched YouTube. He watched serial movie Indonesia, we called sinetron. And he was so happy and laughed a lot. He loved BOIM WONG hahahahah. After that we went to city centre and came to H&M. I decided to buy clothes there. Well, I’m too complicated while shopping. I could spend more than 1 hour just for thinking “I should buy this or not”. Leo accompanied me shopping but I couldn’t shop while a man watched on me. So I asked Leo to wait me near from the escalator because I couldn’t concentrate for shopping if he was near from me. And he waited me for 1 hour near from the escalator then he said he need to say goodbye to the intern who would go home the day after. So, I said he could go and back 1,5 hour later. It was good for me because I didn’t want him feel boring while waited me. I continued shopping and spent 2,5 hours in that store. I spent 100 euro in that store. I bought many things and I was afraid with my baggage AGAIN! Hehehe… After that Leo came to me and we went to MAX to have our dinner. Why I prefer max because it was not expensive than others and also there was a spicy menu  . Then we went home and I packed some of my stuff because I would leave Sweden tomorrow. On the night, I fought with Leo because of our personal thing. He lied on me and I couldn’t accept it. It spent for 3 hours to be angry with that man then I decided not to break my last day.

12 June 2010
On the morning, Leo cooked pancake for me. Maybe he felt guilty with what he did to me. I just spent my last day in Leo’s house. I just met his brother in his house because his parents in their summer house. I packed all my stuff and we decided to go to station at 3 pm because Leo had to go to another city. He had a game with his team. I came on his free day of the classes but on his tournament session. It was okay . Leo gave me Örebro Blacknight t-shirt. I gave him many things for souvenir. Then at 2.30 pm, we left the house and went to station. Leo also already bought his property for football game because the game would start on 6 pm as I remember. I was sad because he couldn’t accompany me to airport and I would spend my lonely time in Arlanda airport. I would fly on 3 am on 13 June 2010. It was suck because I hate being lonely but no option. I bought my ticket 147 krona and leo gave me 100 krona because my krona was limited. I said good bye with leo on the train and then the train left Örebro to Stockholm. It took 1 hour maybe I forgot. Arrived in Stockholm, I bought Arlanda Express with my credit card. It was 120 krona. Because it is still 5 pm, I went to MAX near the station. It was so cold outside. At that time, I was so lonely in Stockholm. I ate alone without anyone beside me and thought what would happen next. After that, I used the internet, about 25 krona per hour. I spent 2 hours then I decided to go to airport. No much people in Airport. I could count it, I guess. Shops were closed. I didn’t know what to do then I back to used the internet. It was more expensive then the internet in station. I spent almost 3 hours on internet. Then I checked in at 1.30 am as I remember. Oh my god, I feel in love with Sweden. I would back again someday 

No comments:

Post a Comment